10.25.2010

Dress How You Feel

Ever had one of those days...or weeks...or couple of weeks?

Yeah, me too. 
Actually, I just did and kinda still have been. 

At the end of the day I just haven't been able to open up my laptop to get onto the blog - let alone take any outfit pictures. The past couple of weeks have been, well, I don't even know what the word is. They've just been. Piles of paperwork & responsibility sandwiched in between early mornings and early bedtimes. I'm the leading role in a daily 5 act performance for an audience of 115 - in other words, I'm a teacher. Some times the curtain falls and there's a wealth of applause...other days - the theater empties out in a flash.

I've been struggling with the fact that I have a very expensive Nikon camera, but no skill in how to use it and no photographer & I dream of one day having the ability to scavenge around my beautiful lakeside town posing and modeling myself away, but alas, I have a full time full stress job.

So, for now, I have been dressing how I feel. Do you ever do that? I think that we ALL do. Today the most amount of "feeling" I could muster up was a pair of Old Navy khaki's, a high waisted purple tunic top, and the tired gray 3/4 length sweater that makes an appearance on days like these. I felt exhausted and defeated - and it showed! So, my resolution?
Bedtime. 9 PM.
And a whole new outlook on my outfit tomorrow.

Fashionably Yours,

2 comments:

  1. I totally dress how I feel sometimes...which is probably why I wear black so much. Dealing with life can be so much, especially when you're working a lot and dealing with personal struggles.

    I so owe you an email - I will try to do that today. Life is just so busy...I know you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is the change of seasons that has all of us feeling this way. I dunno. But I took the time to put on a dress today and it has made a world of difference. Sometimes we dress how we feel, but I think more often we should dress how we wish we felt - fearless, feminine, chic (oh and wide awake). - Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment! I love reading what you have to say. Leave a link to your blog & I'll be sure to check it out!