10.12.2010

What I Really Look Like at the End of the Day...

Sooooooo...what happens when 1) You buy a $500.00 camera and don't know how to use it...2) Don't have a boyfriend or husband for a permanent photographer...and 3) Get home from work at 7 pm after working for 12 hours?

THIS.
and this
aaanndd this
Yes, that's right - my stockings are peeking out of the top of my skirt. Oh, and this
Bunched up stockings around the ankle...
and the inevitably desperate self-portrait on a timer in bad lighting
Yeah, so what happens is reality. Blurry, badly lit photos taken either by myself or after bothering my poor roommate - and wrinkled, crinkled clothes, bunched up stockings, and well - you saw for yourself!
As fashion bloggers, we go out of our way to make sure every shirt is pressed, each hair in place, and the lighting is just so. Then we take 100 photos and scrutinize every one before it goes up into cyber space. Well, sometimes we're tired and can't wait to get into our PJ's.

But, I totally love my new purple tights. Don't you?
Fashionably Yours,





6 comments:

  1. Yes! I love the purple tights. I just got myself olive green and navy blue tights (two pairs) - they're bold yet totally doable. I'd looked for purple, but to no avail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and it's so true. You're right we take tons of pics to get the right one. I A) want a new camera, B) wish my husband took pictures for me and C)wish I had more time to take pics in the morning because that's when I feel like I look my best.

    PS I do love your tights...and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FT, I SO agree with you on point C!! The morning is always the best, but there's no time! Thanks so much for checking out my blog and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! totally thought of this post today. I wore an outfit that I felt frumpy in, but was clean, it matched, it wasn't horrible and it wasn't any of the other colors I'd already worn this week (does anyone else do this?). Then, as I climb in my car to come home I realize that I have a race of lines running down my hose. And that the stitching of my open toe hose is sticking out of the open toes. And my skirt came unzipped-but the hips were holding it up making me feel even more frumpy. And let's not even start with the end of the day make up face. booo. Better luck tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. If you could see the way I look ALL day now, you'd die. I don't mean that in a good way, either. Hey I found a brand of eggs that says "gluten free" on them.."Born Free" is the farm. okay...irrelavant to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment! I love reading what you have to say. Leave a link to your blog & I'll be sure to check it out!