Once a season, Kendi Everyday, challenges the fashion bloggers of the world to a very interesting task - the 30 for 30 Remix.
30 articles of clothing - 30 days - no outfit repeats AND no shopping!
This is either a fashion blogger's ultimate dream challenge or ultimate nightmare.
I believe I fall somewhere in between.
It took me a lot longer than I expected to choose my 30 items - somewhere around 2 hours. This is my first time attempting this challenge and a lot of things are going through my little brain.
Me: I'm super nervous about this challenge.
Myself: Why are you so nervous?
Me: Because if I fail that means I failed!
Me: I will feel like a failed fashion blogger. What if I run out of creative ideas? It's 30 items (which seems like a lot) for 30 days - and you can't repeat an outfit! That is nerve wrecking.
Myself: Isn't that the point of a challenge?
Myself: And the challenge isn't life or death - you know that right?
Myself: And all of the rest of your clothes still exist in the hallway closet.
Me: Right. Let's do this!
Additional challenges I will face:
- Having no one to take a daily photo. I've still got to figure this one out. A tripod may be in my future.
- I'll have no choice but to shop this ONE time. I won a ticket to one of Chicago's premiere fashion events, ShopSwagg, from ChiTown Fashionista for this Saturday! Up to 75% off local fashion retailers! I can't not shop this event.
- My birthday, Thanksgiving, and a 5 day trip all take place with in the next 30 days.
What I've learned already:
- I have a lot of clothes, even after I purged my closet this summer.
- There are already items that I know I will not put back into my wardrobe after this challenge.
- There are already items that I miss from this collection and that I forgot that I had and am totally psyched to wear again.
- I am creative and I like to be challenged.
Here are shots of the before and after of my closet.
OK! So there you have it. Follow me along on this journey and track how I do.
Wanna join in? You can start anytime by going here.