10.04.2010

The Concrete Jungle of the Midwest

"Now you're in Chi-town...concrete jungle where dreams are made of..."

Ok, so some friends came to visit me & we of course pa-roused the Magnificent Mile. This is my spin on mixing animal prints. The trick was finding one or two cohesive elements within the different patterns.
In both the leopard & zebra pieces, there is the same base color - a muted gray - and the pattern color of black. Same thing with the ring. 

It was a little chillier that day, so the layered look was perfect! My boyfriend blazer paired with a wool blend sweater & scarf was just enough to keep me warm.
Oh yeah - and the soy pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks helped, too!

Outfit Details: Boyfriend Blazer - Old Navy; Sweater - NY & CO; Zebra Tank - F21; Jeans - Macy*s (Grane); Flats - H&M; Scarf - Christmas gift from The Limited; Ring - F21

Fashionably Yours,



4 comments:

  1. Very cool look your rocking! I love your hair! Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mix of the different animal prints! Now I'm going to have to try that. Although, I don't know if I have coordinating pieces... will have to look into that. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy City FashionOctober 06, 2010 12:22 AM

    I love this outfit! That leopard scarf is to die for! I love your hair curly, is it naturally like that?
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern mixing and the subtlety of the animal prints. You looks totalyl ready to kick butt in the concrete jungle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment! I love reading what you have to say. Leave a link to your blog & I'll be sure to check it out!