11.17.2010

I Promise They're Purple

So, my stockings are purple - even though they don't look like it in the first photo. They are one color variation of 3 pairs that I own in the hue. This season, I am very much into patterned and colored tights. 

Who says you can't wear color in the Fall months? I say be bold! My pastel blue sweater works as a Fall  garment because it is paired with deeper jewel tones. My skirt is a dark denim blend that can obviously be dressed up and appropriate for work.
I was nervous about pairing a black belt, black Mary Jane's, and a black tank top with this tone of blue denim, but I was inspired by Kendi Everyday's post about "breaking the rules" and pairing together two things that one might not. Black and blue seemingly do go together - I was just apprehensive about this tone of blue - but I took a risk and it worked!

What risks are you taking this Fall season?

Outfit Details:
Sweater: H&M
Purple Collared: NY&CO
Skirt: Target
Tights: Marshalls
Mary Jane's: Aerosoles
Belt: F21

Fashionably Yours,

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, wearing stuff that I usually wouldn't put together has been a goal of mine lately. I reallly realllly like the purple tights paired with the outfit. And those Mary Jane's are awesome!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. What risks? Wearing a suit at least Monday-Thursday each week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment! I love reading what you have to say. Leave a link to your blog & I'll be sure to check it out!